Sunday, September 20, 2009

Simple Joys


With the initial plan of venturing to Barnes & Noble last Friday afternoon, Lauren, Ricky and I somehow found ourselves sifting through the endless amounts of inventory at Toy Joy on the corner of Guadalupe and 29th. I guess I've never given the store a chance due to its creepy, carnival-like appearance and random location but I really have to express my utter satisfaction and well, joy while shopping.

It was a serious time travel back to the best days of our lives... when yo-yo'ing was a sport and Glow in the Dark stars were practically a bedroom necessity. Unfortunately, common sense kicked in as I made it closer to the register and put back the several items I was planning on splurging on. Lauren, on the other hand, found the perfect companion to her birthday card for Katie in two miniature, 25 cent plastic babies.

I knew Katie would obviously be pleased with the obscurity of the gift but I wasn't sure exactly what purpose they would serve. With some serious contemplation and trial testing while heating up the glue gun, our two new friends found their way in to our kitchen where Lauren states "washing the dishes will now always be exciting." Name suggestions now being accepted.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah I have to admit I love this post. Not only because I am included in it (which is a huge honor in my mind), but also because you so accurately captured my exact feelings for toyjoy! I can't wait to visit the two new additions to the already great J26th apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want...no...I need more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete