Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I heart Costco.


Recently, while doing some Costco shopping/food sampling with the roommates, I came across this puzzling, yet inconspicuous sight. We were cruising the most sample-saturated area of the store (naturally), when she rolled on up with her beef jerky, toilet paper, and....well, extra large lava lamp. 

Now I understand normal sized lava lamps...trust me, we Johnson girls had our fair share of groovy lamps and blow-up plastic furniture as pre-teens...but really, who needs one this large? Obviously shopping at Costco has gotten to this woman's head. Everything big and everything bulk!  

My real question here though is, was this an unplanned purchase? I'd say about 85% of the items my dad [and Katie] come home with after shopping at Costco are impulsive buys. Power washers, food sealing machines, Tommy Bahama picnic sets, you name it. The wide range in products offered makes it the greatest place on earth.

Enjoy your oversized lamp you loyal Costco member, I'm sure we'll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment