Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Strange Things Revisited


If any of you have been following my "Strange Things" album on Facebook (which you should), then you have probably seen this picture already. I was debating reposting it here, but realized that it epitomizes the exact obscurity that Lauren and I seek for our blog. Let me preface this photo by saying it is 100% real. This picture was in all seriousness taken in 1994 as my first grade, end of the year tap-dance class picture. I believe we were in the midst of intense preparation for our recital performance to "Rockin' Robin," which was of course, one of the most highly anticipated days of the year for most of us. Anyways, if you hadn't guessed already, I'm in the top row to the left of the girl with the blue scrunchi. No one else is too important to note in the picture other than the 6 ft. tall black chick to my left. It's strange to me because to be honest, I can't remember ever thinking it was unusual that a girl twice my age was in the beginning tap dancing class among 8 other 6-year-olds. Furthermore, what was her mother thinking when she opted to force her noticeably over-aged daughter to be sized for a blue polka-dotted costume and bow-tied tap shoes?

1 comment: