Monday, April 6, 2009

The Middle Finger

The other day I was "channel surfing" and stumbled across a trashy TV talk show... In hindsight, I have NO idea which one it was, but an important discovery was made while watching. 
I was in the midst of getting ready when I heard the start of an outrageous TV verbal fight, which as we all know consists of half shouted words, unnecessary anger, and obnoxious beeps. When I peered at the screen, an overweight red-faced man was giving the ol 'one finger salute'  to the audience.. It was in that moment when I began wondering, why does TV deem it necessary to blur out the middle finger? I mean, thank god that they do...that hovering blur over the entire hand definitely excuses the 'f**k off' connotation it was supposed to give off.  

At least with the beeping out of bad words, its all so loud and convoluted that we have no f**king idea what they're trying to say.

Which brings me to my next point....those BAD words I just 'starred' out...why? Why is it necessary that we use mini stars? Is it more polite?  Now I'm not going to go DESTROYING Cristina and I's reputation in the blogosphere by dropping the F bomb, but it really is confusing. Almost as questionable as people who put stuffed animals in their back car windows...

Oh, you know them well... the poor Beanie Babies and Teddy's faded from years of sitting in the sun. Its like a small museum exhibit for people walking by...Pretty considerate gesture if you ask me.  I think I will die and go to heaven the day I see backseat Beanies still preserved in crystal display cases...those were the absolute best! People were so eager to show off their obsession with TY... Bear after bear sitting on the top shelf in personal plastic cases. Amazing. I'm still waiting for Beanie Babies to be worth the millions that the TY corporation ever-so-kindly forecasted to our parents......Personally, Twig the Giraffe was my fave.
I'm about to go too far....signing out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment