Friday, March 20, 2009

Unnecessary Things.

Ok, so I think it is finally time for me to open up about a family that I nanny for here in Austin. It's difficult for me to speak about them on a positive note, seeing as last time I babysat I spent my saturday night being drop-kicked by Satan--otherwise known as Dillan. Quick summary of Dil--He is 7 years old and in the midst of repeating Kindergarten. He cries. A lot. And his nails are like teeny switchblades that he tactfully whips out with any mention of the word 'bedtime'. He's the child you see in the grocery store, and say to yourself--"Wow, I never want to have kids."

But back to my Saturday night... I was going to the bathroom for probably about the 5th time that evening--a similar hobby we all passionately pursued during 9th grade history class. Let's just say I wasn't tooo eager to get back to hearing a 6th grade boy talk about his day-long Latin competition. 

Now, as I was walking out of the bathroom, I
stopped dead in my tracks, only to find THE 
thinnest door I had ever seen. I was taken aback, and strangely my first reaction was to snap a picture of it on my phone and send it to Ali. (She is well informed about this mind-boggling family) I was so curious. I mean this door isn't even wide enough for a small satanic child to hide in. Anyways, I opened it to find approximately 3 outdated coats hanging. Excuse me, what?! I'd like to contact the architect here and discuss the planning and blueprint of this strange house. "Now this small space here will be for each family member's favorite coat."  Question mark.

Unnecessary things in this world never seize to baffle me, and this small sorry-excuse-for-a-closet only adds to my confusion and misunderstanding. 

Goood night.



 

1 comment: